Tuesday, November 16, 2010

FlashBuilder 4 - Text Editor - Annotations - ActionScript Occurrences

I normally customize any programming IDE I work in to use custom color coding scheme. I really really hate white backgrounds with black text, which is normally the default IDE colors for any IDE you choose to arm yourself with. I like to adjust my IDE's to colors that I prefer and can actually read for 40+ hours a week :)

In Flashbuilder 4, I have everything setup how I like it, except that I have one problem with self-highlighting syntax.

I noticed when I double clicked an object in Actionscript code, Flashbuilder 4 would highlight all matching references to that object. That's fine and great, but now that Ive changed my IDE color scheme to black, I could not figure out how to change the highlighting color.

It's really annoying and unreadable, look at it:


^ how annoying!

I asked around on the Adobe forum and finally received a response from an Adobe employee. He suggested I use:
Preferences > Editors > Text Editors > Annoations, "ActionScript Occurrences".



...it worked for me. I removed the "Text as: Highlight" and used "Dashed Box" instead. That's not as annoying and works much better! Thanks Jason @ Adobe...

No comments: